Navigating the Social Security Disability (SSDI) application process can be daunting.
Discover the advantages of hiring a disability lawyer to enhance your chances of approval and simplify the process.
Table of ContentsToggle
Do I Need a Lawyer to Apply for Disability?
When to Hire a Lawyer
You may want to consider hiring a lawyer to help you with your SSDI claim if:
- Your condition is complex or difficult to understand
- You have a lot of medical records
- You are not sure how to gather the evidence you need to support your claim
- You are concerned about your ability to communicate effectively with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- You have been denied SSDI benefits in the past
Do I Need a Lawyer to Apply for Disability? How to Find a Lawyer
If you are considering hiring a lawyer to help you with your SSDI claim, you can find a lawyer who specializes in disability law in your area by:
- Asking your doctor for a referral
- Searching online for disability lawyers in your area
- Contacting your state or local bar association
What to Expect When Working with a Lawyer
When you hire a lawyer to help you with your SSDI claim, you can expect them to:
- Review your medical records
- Gather additional evidence to support your claim
- Complete the SSDI application forms
- Represent you at any hearings
- Keep you informed about the status of your claim